What was the last book you read and more importantly, how did it make you feel? Books are one of the major inspirations in my life. The idea of getting lost in a story or awakened by a fresh perspective is exactly what I need at times.
Fall is a great time to pick up a good read, re-visit a classic, and find inspiration with a new author. Whether you are enjoying the sandy beaches, green mountains, red canyons, or another safe haven of choice, readers can feel less lonely with a book in hand. Is it the comfort of words that keeps us afloat or the regained outlook from a higher being? Luckily, there is a book for everyone with a unique message that resonates. It was projected that in 2022, the global publishers’ market would generate close to $100 billion. A sign that we are still reading!
The process of choosing the right book is different for everyone. Some pick books depending on what is needed at the time, while others have specific interests. My preference has much to do with what fills my soul during life’s challenges or the truth I seek at that moment. If you are looking for inspiration during your journey of self-discovery this season, here are a few recommendations that may encourage you as you pave the way to greatness.
- A Journey to Becoming the Best Self, Yvette Bodden. Of course! I have to recommend my self-help/memoir. This is my story of heartbreak, financial hardship, co-parenting, and depression but it’s also filled with hope. We have choices, once we understand that, it widens the lens, making all things possible. Life can change for the better.
- More Myself: A Journey, New York native, Alicia Keys shares the story of how embracing life’s truths helped her become a better person. I immersed myself in the memoir, while she openly shared her experiences as a woman, daughter, friend, wife, and artist. Most of us have individual insecurities, personal trauma, and our own “stuff” but if we listen to our inner voice, it can awaken us to the beauty of self-worth.
- What I Know For Sure, Oprah Winfrey offers readers a peek into her life, as well as, provides insightful and sage lessons to empower readers.
- The Soul of a Woman, Chilean writer, Isabel Allende walks readers through her journey by sharing her life and choices – even the bad ones that fuel the vehicle of empowerment she continues to be today.
- The Gifts of Imperfection, Brenee Brown discusses authenticity and worthiness. This book is a gift that every woman should read!
- You Are a Badass, Jen Sincero has a no-nonsense, unfiltered way of shaking up your soul. She gives us a shot at real life and tells us how to change our lives by letting go of self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors.
- Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert writes about a woman’s spiritual quest for forgiveness, self-love, joy, and pleasure.
- The Alchemist, Paulo Coehlo tells the story of a boy, Santiago who finds the gift of wisdom. This story reminds us that “When you really want something to happen, the whole universe will conspire so that your wish comes true.”
The world of books is a feast for readers looking to be educated, enlightened, inspired, and entertained. Millions of books are published each year, as more writers take advantage of self-publishing. There is a book for every bookworm, a wonderful outlet for anyone who wants it.
There is an undeniably large number of benefits tied to reading such as improved memory, focus, vocabulary, and language development. Reading has been a beautiful and necessary resource to me, as a writer. My craft is constantly improving because of the different authors and genres ventured into throughout the years. My daughter eats up book after book, periodically, taking on two at a time.
I am a big believer that reading allows our mind to expand and broadens our horizons, exposing us to a variety of ideas. Human beings’ curiosity about people, life, and the world is fed by experience but can also be satisfied through the universe of books.
Hopefully, you include a good read as part of your Fall season self-care plan to inspire, empower, and encourage your journey to an awakening.
What is your favorite book? Share the title in the comments!
Protected content. 2023 awakened-woman.com